School of Music Keys and Lockers
~Policies and Procedures~
Renewals and Locker Check Out: Begin Monday, August 20, 2018
Summer Renewals End: Friday, August 31, 2018. You MUST renew in person on or before this date or you will be assessed late fees!
Key and Locker Policies and Procedures - please read this carefully. It is the responsibility of the borrower to know and understand the following:*
FEE SCHEDULE for Music Majors
- All equipment is transferred through the Properties Room, Music Building 0330.
- Keys and Lockers are available to registered School of Music students only.
- For School of Music Majors and Minors: Keys may be checked out for each AY year (August - May), and checked out for summers (May -August). Keys MUST be renewed or returned at the end of each check out period. Keys DO NOT automatically renew - this is the responsibility of the borrower.
- For Piano Laboratory Program students: Keys may be checked out for each semester you are enrolled in a lessons program. Keys must be renewed at the end of each semester by the indicated due date. Keys DO NOT automatically renew - this is the responsibility of the borrower.
- Lockers are available for rent to registered School of Music students. Lockers are first come first served. There are a limited number of cabinets available. Please have an idea of where you would like your locker to be prior to visiting the Properties Room.
- Know your due dates - we will verbally tell you when the borrowed item(s) are due when you check out the item(s). We will do our best to communicate a due date with you via email/SoM eBulletin/and postings - as well as having the due date listed above. It is the responsibility of the borrower to know the due date/check out cycle.
- Check out periods occur one week before the start of the semester and is available by appointment thereafter. Keys may be returned at any time through the key drop on the door of the Properties Office. Renewal periods will occur during the final two weeks of each semester.
- Any items left in a past due locker may be THROWN AWAY or GIVEN AWAY. This includes books, scores, clothing, instruments, etc.
- Communications: Communications regarding keys and lockers will occur via email and the SoM Weekly Announcements. If you aren't a Major or Minor, please request to be added to the Music list-serve.
FEE SCHEDULE for Music Majors
- $5.00 per key - 1 to 15 days late, non-refundable
- $5.00 per key - 16 to 30 days late, non-refundable
- $100.00 per key - after 30 days late
- Regular Locker Rental Fee: $15.00 per semester/$30 per academic year.
- Cabinet Rental Fee: $20.00 per semester/$40.00 per academic year double occupancy, or $40.00 per semester/$80.00 per academic year single occupancy.
- $25.00 cleaning fee will be levied on your University Student Account if the operations staff must remove any personal belongings, trash, or return library books from a past due locker.
- Some lockers utilize keys for access, which are also subject to the key fee schedule.
Information for NON MAJORS
- Non-University persons who are currently enrolled in Piano Laboratory Program must remit a $100.00 per key deposit upfront and provide State issued identification. This fee is fully refundable if/when the key(s) are returned on time.
- Non-University persons UNDER THE AGE OF 18 are not eligible to use the practice facilities, regardless of program enrollment status.
- Non Majors who are enrolled in an ensemble or non-major music course are eligible for a key, but will be required to pay a $75.00 per semester facilities and equipment use fee. (majors, minors, and lessons for credit all cover this fee)